Welcome to Via Wings. We are a registered charity based in Wellington House in Dromore, Co.Down that aims to support people in our community in a practical, non-judgemental way. We have an ‘any situation through the door’ policy when it comes to helping people, but the main issues we tackle are related to;
- Poverty and living on the bread line
- Social isolation
- mental health
- crisis and emergency situations
We are grateful to have a fantastic team of 18 staff and 75 volunteers who do amazing work. We also couldn’t achieve the things we do without the support of
- Revenue from our social enterprise Wings cafe and our new & pre-loved clothes and accessories shop Wings ‘N’ Things
- Partnerships with local businesses including PRM Foods, M&S, Tescos, Lidl and SuperValu
- Donations and fundraising events
- Grants and funding awards
- The help and support of our local community.
Our projects currently include; Dare 2 Care –supplying food and other essential items to families and individuals in need. Fareshare – providing fresh food in our archway for anyone in the community (to donate what they can in the donation box). Learning 360 – teaching adults with learning difficulties skills in literacy and numeracy, health and hygiene, first aid and food safety. Recycled Teenagers – providing bi-weekly supper club and monthly events to adults and pensioners throughout the community. Tots of Fun – Providing a free weekly day care centre for toddlers to play and their caregivers to socialise and learn. Mini Wings – providing a free after schools club for P1 – P7 to do homework, play and learn new things. Counselling – 1-1 support from a trained counsellor to help with issues related to mental health and dealing with crisis or addiction.
Our Social Enterprise Wings Cafe is open to the public and provides amazing hot and cold food and beverages. Our young adults with learning difficulties are trained baristas and work alongside cafe staff to gain experience in a working environment. Call in for lunch or a coffee and help support us.
Wings ‘N’ Things is our very own new and pre-loved clothing and accessories shop. We have an array of beautiful pieces, shoes, jewellery and accessories as well as baby & children clothing. Call in to bag a bargain while supporting Via Wings
We are always grateful of donations and there are plenty of ways of getting involved to support us as we support our local community;
- Stop by – you may find a hidden gem in our pre-loved clothes & accessories Wings ‘N’ Things shop. Or call in for coffee and a bun or a delicious hot lunch in Wings Cafe.
- Send us your good quality pre- loved clothes. Get in touch if you have larger furniture and appliances and we will do our best to find them a home or store (space permitting).
- Volunteer your time – If you feel you can contribute to our community through the work we are doing then get in touch.Whether its packing food bags, organising the shop or getting creative with our mission, we will always be grateful of your support.
- Donate – There are various ways you can donate to our cause, including bank transfer, regular standing orders and through purchases made on Amazon Smile (at no extra cost to you).
Everyone has something to offer, whether its hands-on help or a donation via our JustGiving page or dropping a donation into us– every £1 helps support someone or give them invaluable help. You may not even realise what help you can be until you have come and spoken with us. New friendships form here every day!